Foodservice equipment, supplies and design. From regional brand to market leader.
Flipping the brand focus upside down.
TriMark, a regional foodservice equipment and supplies distributor, had grown to national scale through the acquisition of 11 regional brands. The regional brands operated under their original names and were only loosely connected to the TriMark name. As a result, there was little awareness for the TriMark brand name. As the market continued to mature and consolidate, it became important to position and build equity in TriMark as a master brand. Our challenge was two-fold: first, we needed to unify this fragmented organization, and second, we wanted to build awareness for the TriMark brand.
- Develop a purpose-based brand strategy centered on doing whatever it takes to help every customer succeed. Primary research among customers and employees uncovered this truth.
- Upgrade and unify the brand across touchpoints, from business cards to vehicles to social media properties. A comprehensive brand guide, templates and training ensured each division created a cohesive look and feel.
- Align 11 different organizations under the TriMark brand by enrolling divisional leadership on the new purpose before inspiring all employees with a video, live presentation and brand book.
- Launch print and digital advertising campaign to promote the brand promise. “We bring it” shows how TriMark will overcome any obstacle to deliver the equipment and supplies their customers need to succeed.
- Company employees working at different divisions around the country are now better united by a singular brand purpose.
- After nine months, the campaign helped grow unaided awareness for the brand by 25%; site traffic increased with longer average duration and more pages visited; and social media properties expand followers every month.
"Catalyst really invested the time to understand our business, our people and our customers. Their strategic counsel and creativity have lifted our brand to a higher level."
- TriMark Corporate Director of Marketing